Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Bring in the year with a BOOK LAUNCH!

Happy New Year!

My greeting is a month late, but definitely on time, as I see this being a great new year for many, including myself. Despite some financial hardships, a family loss, and some desperate soul searching, I am feeling very optimistic about this upcoming year.

In my previous post, I revealed that I would be publishing an ebook this summer. Although some things have changed, that mission is definitely still a go, and I can't wait to share my new work with you all!
Just a few updates on the book, it will include some poetry you've seen here on TJRD, and also some that have been shared on my Facebook. But it will also have some brand spankin' new poems that you haven't seen before, so get ready for the dopeness effect!!!

So, on to the title of this post: what to do for a book launch party?? I've been googling this and researching that for almost two months now, and I am still stumped on if I should have a book party for this ebook, or if I should just save the festivities for when my print book drops. I've been inspired from some Pinterest ideas and blog posts, but nothing really jumps out at me!

I don't want this milestone to go unrecognized! I would love to have some sort of celebration for the launch of this ebook, and I would to have some of you there :)

So whaddaya think? To book launch, or not to book launch? Your thoughts below!

xoxo,

Jaida

1 comment:

  1. Yo ass better do an eBook LAUNCH! I am TRULY sure it will be the first one many of your friends and family has ever been to! I've already been promoting it, so don't make me a liar! BOOK LAUNCH! BOOK LAUNCH! And do it as a book reading, cocktails, and a few games. We're going to Jamaica Kincaid's book reading in March, so see what she does, and we can take it from there! Yesss! BOOK LAUNCH!!!

    ReplyDelete