Saturday, May 18, 2013

Why I Love South Africa & Still Have Hope!

So, lately I've been following the news on violence in Chicago, and have been really affected by it because I used to live there, and I have so many friends who still live there. Every day I see where the youth of today is going, and the light dwindles on if I think they can ever be rescued from the paths their lives have taken. However, a great friend just emailed me the link to this video of a 10 year-old poet from Mafikeng, South Africa named Botlhale Boikanyo...and this girl gave me so much HOPE for our youth. Her words and passion surmount her age in many ways! And if you know me, you know I believe that I originated from a tribe in South Africa (it could be very true!), so shout out to my young sister teaching us in this video! Watch Botlhale inspire!

I hope that gave you the goosebumps it gave me!

xoxo,

Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment